Articles in travel
Tourism, diestinations and lot of natural resorts in Cambodia series
After more than a decade of spectacular growth, how can the tourism industry in Cambodia respond to the more demanding market conditions now faced by holiday destinations worldwide? In common with all periods of adversity, the current situation also presents opportunities for those willing and able to respond to the challenges ahead.
Tourism has played an important role in the development of Cambodia. It has brought employment, improvements in infrastructure, training and general education and living standards for many people, and raised the international profile of Cambodia. Its growth has helped diversify economic activity, and broaden the base of foreign earnings, currently dominated by the garment industry.
News in travel
From the website: Cambodian Son documents the life of deported poet, Kosal Khiev after receiving the most important performance invitation of his career—to represent the Kingdom of Cambodia at the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad. Kosal would travel to ... catched
Spending a week at Angkor Wat may sound impossible for many people. Some Thais, despite living not far from Siem Reap in Cambodia, haven't even had a chance to travel there. But technology now brings the majestic temple even closer, as you can ... catched
As I plod around, soaking up the awe-inspiring sights and nature of the sprawling 400km2 site, I get chatting to people from France, Hong Kong and America, all of whom have come to Cambodia especially for the race. We give each other encouragement by ... catched
- Travelblather blogger Jeremy Head talks temples at sunset in Cambodia and ...
- Melbourne man David Wilson was captured and taken hostage for $US50,000 ...
- Fixing smiles: Bitterroot dentist, friend travel to Cambodia for service trip
- PM coy on Cambodia refugee deal
- Morrison in talks with Cambodia
- From Cambodia to Long Island, students and faculty travel near and far for ...
- Cambodia's Search for MH370 Flight Goes On